Header

Friday, May 18, 2012

Fake model photograph. Photoshop.

Earlier this week I stumbled across an easy Photoshop tutorial that you can use to create a fake model photograph.  I gave it a whirl and came up with this result:


This is the original, straight out of the camera shot:

As you can see, the original shot was very boring.  This was one of several (boring) photos I shot in the car while driving home to Mauriceville from Orange.

I tried the steps of the tutorial out several times before I got a result I liked.  I preferred brightening and exaggerating the colors before adding the special effect.  

NOTE - After you switch back from Quick Mask, you will need to invert the selection you created using the Gradient tool.  If you do not do this, you will blur the strip in the middle during the next step instead of the outside areas.  I didn't see it mentioned in the tutorial, but maybe I overlooked it.

Here are a few more before and afters.  The first one is from New Orleans, the second and third are from around Mauriceville.



  


0 comments:

Post a Comment