Header

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Going Long

I found this article in InStyle magazine's June 2012 issue.  Wow!


I'm torn between loving them and knowing that these would quickly become a pain to wear (literally).  They are gorgeous though!  Right now, I happen to be in love with long earrings and have several pairs that I switch between.  My son likes to call them "cheek slappers" and yes, he does insist that I vigorously shake my head back and forth so he can see my earrings smack me in the face.  Here's a pair of cheek slappers I made for myself back in May.



I love these earrings and wear them constantly. I think this is the first design I made in which I mixed rose gold with darkly oxidized silver.  They are about 3 1/2 inches long from the tops of the ear wires to the bottoms of the geodes which is a good length for me.  I wanted a lot of movement in these earrings so I added the rough diamonds to dangle from the main wire wraps.

I think I might have to make a pair of the really long danglers soon...just to try them out. The ones in the articles range from 7 1/2 to 10 1/4 inches long.  I'll share some pics here on the blog when I get around to making a pair.

0 comments:

Post a Comment