Header

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Work in Progress. Green and Teal.

I thought I'd try something a little different here on the ol' blog - sharing pics of works in progress.  These will be quickie shots taken with the Instagram app on my phone to keep them spontaneous.

So here we go...

I was almost through with this design before I got struck by the idea of a work in progress shot.  This pair of earrings includes green tourmalinated quartz, antique leland slag in teal, vesuvianite, labradorite, moss aquamarine, peacock teal quartz, freshwater pearls and silver.  I made all the fine silver head pins myself with a torch.  I also made the ear wires (no pictured) by hand. Tomorrow morning I'll oxidized the silver in this pair of earrings and then buff it.

It was a wonderful day in the studio!  Along with the earrings above, I finished two more pairs of earrings with cascades, two more Hudson necklaces, two pairs of Peyton earrings with carnelian and lapis, and a pair of Gesine earrings with a huge pair of marquis carnelians - the unwrapped drops are a long 2 inches!  My thumb joints are killing me but I'm happy as can be.  I'm hoping to be able to finish an Elizabeth necklace with a large teardrop of ametrine in the morning.

Hopefully the sunny weather we had today will hold out for tomorrow afternoon's photo shoot.  The last couple of Sundays have been overcast and the photos haven't turned out as well as I had hoped.  If the weather cooperates, I'll reshoot some of the previous pieces while I'm at it. Look for the new pieces to start making their way into the shop on Monday.

Now its time to head off to bed so I can get an early start in the morning.  Good night all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment